• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking Annulment--Not even married yet!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodgirl1985

I am set to be married in Nevada in 2 weeks time.

I want to back out of the wedding but it will leave me in about $10,000 worth of wedding debt and many disappointed people who booked their trips, payed for their tuxes and dresses, etc.

Who is responsible for the debt?

Would it be smarter to proceed with the marriage and then seek an annulment or divorce and be clear of debt?

Thank you

TinkerBelleLuvr

am set to be married in Nevada in 2 weeks time.

I want to back out of the wedding but it will leave me in about $10,000 worth of wedding debt and many disappointed people who booked their trips, payed for their tuxes and dresses, etc.

Would it be smarter to proceed with the marriage and then seek an annulment or divorce and be clear of debt?

Thank you
It can cost much more than 10,000 to get out of a marriage. Why go thru with it if it's wrong. Have the party anyway since everyone is coming, just don't get married.

goodgirl1985

The thing is, we have been living together for quite sometime. I know that we would be completely fine leaving the relationship with what we came into it with, etc.

Are these types of divorces still costly? If, there is no fighting involved?

lolcats

Dude, dont be that dumb!!! I got married and had to look at anulmemnt/divorce. If you get married and know you want out, its fraud. You will be MUCH more in debt and be hated by friends and family, grow some balls and get out NOW.

LdiJ

I am set to be married in Nevada in 2 weeks time.

Thank you
No, it would not be smarter to proceed with the marriage.:rolleyes:

goodgirl1985

Well..the debt is on my credit cards. I suppose he was smart that way.
I just don't want to leave and be left with a bunch of maxed out credit cards.
I have a feeling he is being unfaithful. Although, I am afraid that if I get out now, I am going to upset everyone including our close family.

lolcats

Heres what i can tell you. Im in the same situation.....kind of. CC debt is all yours. You may be able to make a small claims case if you can prove some of it is his. His family will def hate you for life, these are the choices we have to make. Dont prolong it, dont get married - cut your loses and move on.,

goodgirl1985

The credit card debt is all wedding costs.
Will I still be responsible for it?
What did you do to get out? I am only two weeks away!

Just Blue

well, if your the card holder, its yours - I didint get out, i got married and im paying for it big time. 2 weeks before, better than after. If you want to chat, i can give you my MSN/AOL name - i've done alot of foot work so far.
This is totally inappropriate! Stop it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">