• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seeking a Divorce and Child Support but Can Not Locate Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justice2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Hello,

I have been separated from my husband since 3/2006. While I do talk to him often, I have been unable to obtain an address for him and or child support. I would like to know what are my options for filing for a divorce and obtaining child support from him. He apparently does not want to provide any information for me to get the divorce and GA Child Support has be unsuccessful since 6/2007 to obtain any type of financial support from him.

I am at my wits end trying to get unhooked from him and get some help financially for our 2 children. We do not have a home together but he has created some debts in my name I would like to get rectified.

Thank you so much!!!!!
Justice2

Farfalla

Have you tried things like on-line searches and services to find his address?

Do you have his social security number? Perhaps from years when you filed taxes jointly?

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA

Hello,

I have been separated from my husband since 3/2006. While I do talk to him often, I have been unable to obtain an address for him and or child support. I would like to know what are my options for filing for a divorce and obtaining child support from him. He apparently does not want to provide any information for me to get the divorce and GA Child Support has be unsuccessful since 6/2007 to obtain any type of financial support from him.

I am at my wits end trying to get unhooked from him and get some help financially for our 2 children. We do not have a home together but he has created some debts in my name I would like to get rectified.

Thank you so much!!!!!
Justice2
You can file for divorce and after proving that you cannot find his address, you can serve him by publication. You'll be able to be divirced, but the court cannot order CS until he has been located and served notice.

If you talk to him often, is he calling on a cell phone, or a land line?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Serve him at his last known address. That may be the marital residence. If certified mail doesn't work then attempt regular mail. IF it is received and not returned, he is served.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">