• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

self representation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ajg624

help...
i am currently involved in a divorce in cook county, il. recently, my attorney withdrew from the case for fees. i am now forced to represent myself because my income is too high to seek free legal aid.

can anyone tell me how to fill out a couple forms i need to proceed.

immediately i need to file a response to a petition for interim fees. I also need to file a form to allow me to be my own attorney.

any help is appreciated.:confused:

vrzirn

if you do not know the how-to's for these very simple forms you are going to get murdered in court by opposing counsel on more complex issues.
You say your attorney withdrew "for fees". Does that mean you did not pay him? If not, he will sue you. You really should hire another attorney to represent you. Per se is not a good idea.
You did not even follow the RED directions at the top of page!

A

ajg624

thanks, youve been very helpful. maybe if your knew the current disposition and status of the case and much more.... you wouldnt need to make so many incorrect assumptions.

cook county, il

M

MaggieK

You live in a "no fault" divorce state. You can do it yourself with a little homework and research on the Internet. Go to sites that offer legal forms and read up. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">