• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

selling house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ronald c

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I got divorced in Aug 2014, my house is rented to my daughter,whom has my ex-wife living in the house with her and grandkids,for the last 20 months,in that time the mortgage has been late several times and it's messing my credit up,because I'm the only one on the loan,ex wife refuses to get a job to help maintain the house ,keeps saying she wont sell,but also won't get a job to better her financial situation,,My question is can I go back to Divorce Court and summons the Judge to issue an order for her to sign papers to sell the house?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I got divorced in Aug 2014, my house is rented to my daughter,whom has my ex-wife living in the house with her and grandkids,for the last 20 months,in that time the mortgage has been late several times and it's messing my credit up,because I'm the only one on the loan,ex wife refuses to get a job to help maintain the house ,keeps saying she wont sell,but also won't get a job to better her financial situation,,My question is can I go back to Divorce Court and summons the Judge to issue an order for her to sign papers to sell the house?
If you've rented your house to your daughter, then it's your daughter who has not been paying rent. How is this your wife's problem?

How was the house addressed in your divorce originally?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">