• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling of items?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ICUB4ER

What is the name of your state? Kansas

My STBX had his attorney send my attorney a letter saying that I was trying to sell items still here at the house. The thing is, the items that are being sold, belong to and are being sold by our adult son who still lives at home.
To be specific, our son had 2 Jeeps and has parts to build them up into 1T Jeeps (front and rear axels and transfer case). But, our son sold his Jeeps last week and bought a truck and now has no use for these parts, so he has put them up for sale. STBX also has a Jeep and has been wanting to build his up as well. Now he is telling his attorney that our sons parts are his and that he wants them. They are all used parts from a salvage yard and our son has no receipt to prove that they are his. What do we do? Can our son go ahead and sell his parts, or does he have to stop trying to sell them because STBX is claiming that they are his?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">