• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separate bank accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soonx2b

Virginia

In the event of a divorce, are separate bank accounts, all assets and liabilities regardless of title (whether personal or joint-account) established during the marriage considered marital? My husband wants a divorce and he said that anything under his name - bank account, credit cards, automobiles, etc. is legally his only because he acquired it without me cosigning and this is not a joint account. I said otherwise because it was all acquired during the course of our marriage. Who is correct?

Last edited:

LdiJ

soonx2b said:
Virginia

In the event of a divorce, are separate bank accounts, all assets and liabilities regardless of title (whether personal or joint-account) established during the marriage considered marital? My husband wants a divorce and he said that anything under his name - bank account, credit cards, automobiles, etc. is legally his only because he acquired it without me cosigning and this is not a joint account. I said otherwise because it was all acquired during the course of our marriage. Who is correct?
You are**************...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">