• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostinohio

What is the name of your state? OH

My husband moved out of the apartment 3 weeks ago while i was in the hospital for unstable angina. He still pays the rent, utilities, but he will not give me any money for my pills or anything else. I am not working I have no income. I am soooo confused he said his lawyer told him he didn't have to give me any money. I have been in the process of fighting Total disability now for 2.5 years. Question is does he have a legal responsability to give me money or not? :mad:

LdiJ

My husband moved out of the apartment 3 weeks ago while i was in the hospital for unstable angina. He still pays the rent, utilities, but he will not give me any money for my pills or anything else. I am not working I have no income. I am soooo confused he said his lawyer told him he didn't have to give me any money. I have been in the process of fighting Total disability now for 2.5 years. Question is does he have a legal responsability to give me money or not? :mad:
Its time to get an attorney. Hopefully you have family that can help you with the retainer, but it needs to be done.

nextwife

If you are disabled over two years, are you getting Social Security disability? Employer long term term disabiliy?

Where are your payments going- can you redirect them from your Jt. account?

lostinohio

seperated

still fighting the disability but there has been some complications with the lawyer. So i don't get anything. I am just getting deeper and deeper in the hole financially.:(

nextwife

ARE you truly unable to work at all (I don't mean NOW, I mean in general)?

I have two uncles with major heart issues, and both work full time. One was brought back from the dead after dropping due to cardiomyopathy ten years ago..
He teaches medical students and also sees private patients.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In the state of Ohio spouses have a legal obligation to provide for each other. However he is providing for you by continuing to pay the rent and utilities. File for divorce and request temporary orders for support until the final hearing. For your medication check with your doctors. Apply for medicaid and food stamps. Contact pparx.com i believe is the website.

lostinohio

separted

I am unable to work not only due to the heart disease. I have Restless Leg Syndrome, COPD, Cronic Bronchitis, have had 2 mini strokes and I am a diabetic that can't keep sugar under control. I feel like a Ginnea Pig. Here lets try this lets try that. Sheesh. The Restless Leg Sydrome is worse then any if them. I was in the tub most of the day yesterday as the pills weren't helping. I was working at home but i lost that job. I can't seem to keep a job. Mentally i am tired. I have been to counseling because i wanted to end all the suffering. I still think that way sometimes but I think it is self pitty because for the first time in my life I am out of answers.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I am unable to work not only due to the heart disease. I have Restless Leg Syndrome, COPD, Cronic Bronchitis, have had 2 mini strokes and I am a diabetic that can't keep sugar under control. I feel like a Ginnea Pig. Here lets try this lets try that. Sheesh. The Restless Leg Sydrome is worse then any if them. I was in the tub most of the day yesterday as the pills weren't helping. I was working at home but i lost that job. I can't seem to keep a job. Mentally i am tired. I have been to counseling because i wanted to end all the suffering. I still think that way sometimes but I think it is self pitty because for the first time in my life I am out of answers.
OP what further legal questions do you have as you have been answered. You may get some alimony but that will depend on a dozen different things and as of now he is supporting you. Alimony will NOT cover all of your expenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">