• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separated From Ex Because She Prowled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? TX Sorry for the title, I had to. Now, ex girlfriend got a divorce in the 382nd (I think) district here in TX that was originally filed back in Oct of 2005, or one month earlier. Right away, and I can only assume due to the fact she used to work at this small town county building and in her own words, they all love her there, which is lovely, but, the Honorable judge recused himself. How do I go about getting the facts or the letter the judge submitted that was the reason for his recusal? Do I have to get it from the district clerk? and if not, is it available online with a subscription perhaps to a legal library? The recusal letter is all I need, not the decree of transcript.

And I should probably go ahead and ask, if that same ex GF has now filed a suit against me in that same court, and it is for a two year proactive order, but was probably just to see how I am going to respond to some criminal charges she's accused me of down the hall in the county court, but she filed suit and right away received a temp protective order from the district clerk for the same judge that recused himself a few years back. Is that ethical? I mean, does she have the authority to sign a TRO without conferring with the judge in her district if he's previously recused. And then, if he did that due to his personal relationship with her, and the clerk part is dandy, is it reasonable to expect and motion for another recusal this time around?

Thanks,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">