• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separated for over 25 years

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

harleyrider56

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

My wife and I have been separated for 27 years. She lives in Texas and I have been living in Nevada for 7 months. Would we still have to enter financial statements, even though we have not been together for over 25 years? I mean we've always wanted the divorce, but neither of us could afford it. Now I am able to get this matter done, so that we can let our current partners be our legal partners.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

My wife and I have been separated for 27 years. She lives in Texas and I have been living in Nevada for 7 months. Would we still have to enter financial statements, even though we have not been together for over 25 years? I mean we've always wanted the divorce, but neither of us could afford it. Now I am able to get this matter done, so that we can let our current partners be our legal partners.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If the two of you draw up a complete agreement that address all issues then it may not be necessary to submit financial statements.

However, I will tell you that an attorney can get it done quicker and easier than you can, and you might not even have to make a trip to court. Also, if there are absolutely no disagreements then the attorney would be relatively inexpensive.

LdiJ

What if she is rather difficult to locate? She's an alcoholic and drug addict. Then what can i do?
It still can be done...but in that instance you would absolutely need an attorney, and it may not be as complicate as you imagine...not after 27 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">