• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separated, Pregnant, Not sure who's name can be on the Birth Cert.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Finched

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

What are the birth certificate laws in NC? I am married, but separated, and pregnant with someone elses child. My ex doesn't even know about the baby. I read that I have to list my husband as the father of the child. Is there anyway around that? He's an abusive man with serious control issues and if I have to list him as the father he will force his way back into my life. (He would probably pay child support to do this) There is a restraining order between us but he would not sign the separation papers my lawyer sent him. Is there anything I can do or are my hands tied?

Finched

He is more than willing...

we are living together and he is very happy about the baby.

I don't have contact with my lawyer right now. He doesn't know anything about any of this. I simply don't have the money to consult him.

Thanks for the link.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">