• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separated for too long no divorce in sight

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NJPURPLETIGER

IN NEWJERSEY I have not lived with my husband for 11 years i want a divorce. He keeps putting it off and i'm more than ready to move on with my life. is there a simpler way to get divorce after being separated that long in NJ. and can the courts order him to pay for it since he's the one that wanted it in the first placed; also can he force me to change my name back to my maiden name

Last edited:

seniorjudge

NJPURPLETIGER said:
IN NEWJERSEY I have not lived with my husband for 11 years i want a divorce. He keeps putting it off and i'm more than ready to move on with my life. is there a simpler way to get divorce after being separated that long in NJ. and can the courts order him to pay for it since he's the one that wanted it in the first placed; also can he force me to change my name back to my maiden name
You hire a lawyer to represent you and file a divorce for you against him.

I don't think anyone can force you to change your name, but ask the lawyer you hire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">