• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Ruth Albe

What is the name of your state?
colorado

my husband and i are separated, with the intention of trying to work things out after we have spent some time away. i have a small place and signed a 10 month lease. he is staying in the main house and taking responsibility for most of the bills that come to the house. we both take responsibility for expences incurred with our daughter. my question is, am i taking any risk in moving out of the house should the time away not help our situation. this is an amicable situation, but i feel i should protect myself.
Thanks,
Ruth

R

Ruth Albe

our daughter spends time between both places. Right now she is upstairs (at my office) doing her homework. She takes the bus to my office after school and I get her to her extracurricular activities from here. She'll usually spend 3 days with me and then 3 days with her father. She seems to be doing well with the situation. Her grades are good and she's a happy well adjusted 12 year old.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then you should be pretty much okay. My main concern would be if you left her living with Dad - you would likely be looking at giving up custody.

V

velbing

It might not be a bad idea, if things are still amicable, to draw up an agreement and ask your hubby to sign it. Just a little insurance, in case things do not work out.

R

Ruth Albe

I guess that was my question to begin with. Is it really necessary to have an agreement signed? Everything is in both of our names, but if my leaving could cause problems later if it doesn't work out, I'll get something drawn up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">