• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rita Robinson

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I am 35 years old and I have been married for 6 years. I have known my husband all of my life, but we did not get together until 1996. My husband thinks he is a perfectionist. I can never do anything right. I do not dress right, my hair is not right and he hates the way I dress our daughter. Every little thing is a big deal and he does not mind letting everyone know it. It is truly embarrassing to be at a family event and he yells at me because things are not going his way. I am so tried of this. I have told him several times that I want him out of the house. I want a legal separation and then I would like to seek a divorce, but I have run into some roadblocks. He needs me, I don’t need him. I am a dental hygienist and he is a teacher. My family says that he only married me because of the money that I make. He was dirt poor when I married him. Now I think that they are right. We are only intimate every 2 months and that is only because he is so backed up. He gets off work at 4:30 p.m., but I never see him until 8:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m. Is this some type of abandonment? Is what he is doing called Verbal Abuse of Civil Harassment?

I have a 14-year-old daughter from a previous marriage and I have a 2 1/2 years old daughter with my husband. This situation has caused problems for my older daughter and the yelling and screaming is hurting my younger one. He refuses counseling. How can I get him out?

E

Ex Is Nuts

DO you have any fear of him becoming violent, or is he just a big mouth???????

First off you need to file, and request for temporary possession of the house. If you filke on Monday, and know on tues or wed he will be served, I would suggest that you not be home when he is served. Stay away a day or 2 (hotel, motel, etc) and take the kids with you. Also, when you file, file for temporary custody.

If you are scared of him, file for a VPO. I think you can do it before you even file, to get him the heck away from you. I think you can even file for an emergency one, which means you wouldn't have a several week wait to have it heard.

Depending on the severity of his comments against you, yes, it can be verbal abuse. WHat all does he say?????

R

Rita Robinson

He is too smart to become violent. He knows that if he hit me then he is definitely gone. I truly wish he would hit me! I guess at this stage he just is verbally abusing me. Is this enough to get him out? My lawyer says no.

VeronicaGia

Rita Robinson said:
He is too smart to become violent. He knows that if he hit me then he is definitely gone. I truly wish he would hit me! I guess at this stage he just is verbally abusing me. Is this enough to get him out? My lawyer says no.
You wish he would hit you? Maybe you and he are meant to be together.

R

Rita Robinson

I guess I cannot expect everyone to understand what I am dealing with. When everyday of your life is a living hell, you start to think things that maybe you shouldn’t. I was just trying to say that if he slapped my face just once that would be enough for me to get rid of him. I guess I have just become desperate.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
you file for divorce, request temporary possession of the home, and temporary custody of the kid. In other words - what Ex Is Nuts said.

No, talking nastily to you is not enough. Ask your lawyer how to proceed and go from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">