• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey
I used to think this was a silly mistake on the part of the poster, but it happens often enough that I started thinking that it's probably a system problem.

To the admins:

When you click on 'Start a new thread', you get a box with "what is the name of your state" and nothing else. Apparently, these people think that if they enter that information, the next screen will allow them to enter information.

I would suggest that you modify that 'start a new thread' box to have "what is the name of your state" and then skip a couple of lines and then add a line that says "please enter your question. Please be sure to include relevant details, but try to skip things that are not relevant to the legal question." You might even add a link to the rules for posting so that people can see that the site isn't a place to express their heartbreak, but rather to ask legal questions.

If you do that, I'll bet these 'state only' posts will drop by 90%.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">