• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation Agreement, Best Form?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justfoundout

What is the name of your state? California

Going through an amicable legal separation. What is the best pre-canned separation agreement form out there?

I'm looking for something very detailed and well organized. Free is better, but I'm willing to spend a few bucks on something worthwhile.

Thanks.

seniorjudge

justfoundout said:
What is the name of your state? California

Going through an amicable legal separation. What is the best pre-canned separation agreement form out there?

I'm looking for something very detailed and well organized. Free is better, but I'm willing to spend a few bucks on something worthwhile.

Thanks.
There are no canned separation agreements.

Set a day to wander around in the courthouse and go to the divorce division. Ask the nice clerk to let you look through some case files that are open to the public.

Bring the clerks a box of candy.

Do not expect them to do your work.

Spend a long time there searching.

justfoundout

seniorjudge said:
but keep any questions in the future in your first thread.
Help me understand.

Should I have a single thread regarding my legal separation and all things pertaining to it, or a single thread about <insert subject here> and just place all questions, related or not, under the same <insert subject here> thread?

No, I'm not being a smarta$$ :)

LdiJ

justfoundout said:
Help me understand.

Should I have a single thread regarding my legal separation and all things pertaining to it, or a single thread about <insert subject here> and just place all questions, related or not, under the same <insert subject here> thread?

No, I'm not being a smarta$$ :)
You get better advice if you keep all of your issues to one thread. That way the people responding understand the full picture and are likely to give better advice.

If you end up having questions over the course of several months....then it gets ridiculous to try to keep things to one thread. Or, if your thread ends up being many pages long it gets ridiculous too....but to start out..keep things to just one thread so that you get better overall advice.

justfoundout

LdiJ said:
You get better advice if you keep all of your issues to one thread. That way the people responding understand the full picture and are likely to give better advice.

If you end up having questions over the course of several months....then it gets ridiculous to try to keep things to one thread. Or, if your thread ends up being many pages long it gets ridiculous too....but to start out..keep things to just one thread so that you get better overall advice.
Understood. Thanks.

justfoundout

What's the likelyhood that I could have pri**** physical custody in California?

I'm the pri**** breadwinner. Work full-time (40+). My STBX is a stay at home mom, but was vacant from my and my kids life for the last year (I recorded about 80% of her time away). By vacant I mean that she went out and essentially lead a single person's lifestyle on evenings (when I came home from work) and on weekends. She also had an affair for about the last year (I realize this has no bearing in a no-fault state like Cali.).

Based on the above information what is the chance that I could have pri**** physical custody (me 75%, her 25%) and pay her very little alimony and child support?

tia.

VeronicaGia

justfoundout said:
What's the likelyhood that I could have pri**** physical custody in California?

I'm the pri**** breadwinner. Work full-time (40+). My STBX is a stay at home mom, but was vacant from my and my kids life for the last year (I recorded about 80% of her time away). By vacant I mean that she went out and essentially lead a single person's lifestyle on evenings (when I came home from work) and on weekends. She also had an affair for about the last year (I realize this has no bearing in a no-fault state like Cali.).

Based on the above information what is the chance that I could have pri**** physical custody (me 75%, her 25%) and pay her very little alimony and child support?

tia.
1. How long were you married.

2. If you plan on getting custody, you need to file for divorce and custody first.

3. www.deltabravo.net may have some type of generic separation agreement you can work with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">