• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separation agreement not fulfilled

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kydreamer66

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
I went through a legal separation and divorce back in 1999-2001. After reading the separation agreement I am finding out that my ex husband has not lived up to his agreements. We had several credit cards with balances at the time of separation. The agreement says that we are responsible for paying 1/2 of the balance on all of them. I paid two of the three credit cards off and he has paid nothing. I want to know if the total of both of the cards I paid off are equal to or more than the balance of the third, is he responsible for paying the third one in full? Also, there is a statement in our agreement that the courts would place a wage assignment with his employer for child support but that was never done. What do I have to do to force the courts to rectify this situation? Please, someone give me some advice, I am trying to purchase a new house and these factors are causing me to not be able to reach my goal.

B

Boxcarbill

On the lower right hand side of the opening page which list the thread in this forum there is a window and above the window is written "Search this forum." Type "debts after divorce" and it will bring up the threads on this subject. I have written on this topic numerous time.

Post your child support enforcement question in the family law section entitled " Child Custody, Visitation and child support." Or do a search the same way in that forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">