• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separation in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gurusevaka

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi everyone,

I have been unofficially seperated from my wife for over 6months now and I have met someone else and havee had sexual relations once with her. My husband and I have a child together. I was wondering if in the eys of the court if we have been separated am I within my rights to see someone else and that not affect my custody? Or can my husband make things very difficult in a court of law? What does the Law see as seperation and relationships after that. I have just recenly served seperation papers and did not have relations with the other person till after the papers were sent to him by the way.

Thanks for any help.

Chris

gurusevaka said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Hi everyone,

I have been unofficially seperated from my wife for over 6months now and I have met someone else and havee had sexual relations once with her. My husband and I have a child together. I was wondering if in the eys of the court if we have been separated am I within my rights to see someone else and that not affect my custody? Or can my husband make things very difficult in a court of law? What does the Law see as seperation and relationships after that. I have just recenly served seperation papers and did not have relations with the other person till after the papers were sent to him by the way.

Thanks for any help.

Chris
I'm confused as to whether you are the husband or the wife????
California is a no-fault state, the courts don't take infidelity into consideration.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">