• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation/car loans/title????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sfocaw

What is the name of your state? New jersey
Separated in April.
Bought wife a car for her last xmas (stupid--last ditch to save marriage)
Loan at bank is in both names, but title in hers.
Car is now with me--since i pay loan (she won't work now and has other paid off car)
can i/how do I remove her name off the title? actually want to sell the car,bank won't refinance yet--a year wait they say. and wife won't cooperate
also car insurance is under her name,her policy with me as a driver.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? New jersey
Separated in April.
Bought wife a car for her last xmas (stupid--last ditch to save marriage)
Loan at bank is in both names, but title in hers.
Car is now with me--since i pay loan (she won't work now and has other paid off car)
can i/how do I remove her name off the title? actually want to sell the car,bank won't refinance yet--a year wait they say. and wife won't cooperate
also car insurance is under her name,her policy with me as a driver.
If the title is in her name only, then your only option is to get the judge to order that she cooperate with the sale. However, unless you put down a large down payment, you are unlikely to be able to sell the car for as much as you owe on the loan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">