• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation/Desertion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dskip23

I am contemplating separating from my wife. I have not discussed this with her yet. She insists on having a rendezvous with a priest every Saturday morning. She says they are friends, but this has happened with a co-worker before and we nearly ended our marriage because of her relationship with a fellow teacher.

Now my wife may lose her job. She is fighting a founded disposition with our local social services office (Virginia) where she could be on probation for 18 years (meaning, she cannot teach or adopt children for that time frame). Of course, if the disposition is upheld, she will lose her elementary school teaching job.

If I choose to separate before the finding is complete, could she sue me for desertion or abadonment?

I would like to get out of this relationship, but I am so confused and scared about doing the wrong thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">