• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation papers with Wrong date.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twalker1

My husband and I signed seperation papers in October 2010 in Virginia. It was brought to my attention by the police in November 2010 that the dates on the document were before we were married and that makes the document invalid. exp..we were married in May 2010. We have a section about usage of the vehicles, the date say the vehicle can be used until March 2010. Does this make the document invalid?

Last edited:

LdiJ

My husband and I signed seperation papers in October 2010 in Virginia. It was brought to my attention by the police in November 2010 that the dates on the document were before we were married and that makes the document invalid. exp..we were married in May 2010. We have a section about usage of the vehicles, the date say the vehicle can be used until March 2010. Does this make the document invalid?
Well, it would be invalid in terms of the vehicle. I am uncertain whether it would invalidate it in its entirety. Consult your attorney or other local counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">