• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gddess

I moved into my Boyfriends Condo about 5 months ago. I plan on moving out this weekend, he does not know yet. He will only find out when the U-Haul comes up. My problem is, everything I own is currently in the residence, and I am afraid that he will be so upset with me that he will kick me out of the home, and not let me retreive my stuff. I have receipts for most of the big purchases. Is there any advice on exactly my rights are, will he be able to kick me out and keep all my stuff?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Since Washington State is NOT a Common Law marriage State, you're on the wrong Board with your questions, because Family Laws do not deal with Boyfriend/Girlfriend situations. Please post on the Contracts Law, and/or Landlord Tenant Law, board.

IAAL

MySonsMom

gddess said:
I moved into my Boyfriends Condo about 5 months ago. I plan on moving out this weekend, he does not know yet. He will only find out when the U-Haul comes up. My problem is, everything I own is currently in the residence, and I am afraid that he will be so upset with me that he will kick me out of the home, and not let me retreive my stuff. I have receipts for most of the big purchases. Is there any advice on exactly my rights are, will he be able to kick me out and keep all my stuff?
If I may suggest, why not move out when your boyfriend is not home to avoid any problems.....

MSM

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">