• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separation time limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NEED ANSWE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
MY WIFE FILED FOR SEPARTION LAST YEAR,AND WAS GANTED IT. HOW LONG DOES IT LAST BEFORE SHE CAN FILE FOR AND BE GRANTED A DIVORCE?

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
MY WIFE FILED FOR SEPARTION LAST YEAR,AND WAS GANTED IT. HOW LONG DOES IT LAST BEFORE SHE CAN FILE FOR AND BE GRANTED A DIVORCE?
First and foremost, DO NOT post in all caps, as it is considered yelling in netiquette, and rude.

In answer to your question, there doesn't appear to be a separation period requirement prior to filing for divorce in Ohio. Your wife could file for a divorce at any time, or you could do it yourself.

NEED ANSWE

First and foremost, DO NOT post in all caps, as it is considered yelling in netiquette, and rude.

In answer to your question, there doesn't appear to be a separation period requirement prior to filing for divorce in Ohio. Your wife could file for a divorce at any time, or you could do it yourself.
Sorry about the caps,what I ment was could she be ganted a divorce,anullment or disolution after a certain amount of time has passed during our separation if their has been no contact between the two of us say for 2 years?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sorry about the caps,what I ment was could she be ganted a divorce,anullment or disolution after a certain amount of time has passed during our separation if their has been no contact between the two of us say for 2 years?
There is no time limit for divorce or dissolution to be granted. Annullment -- you may very well not qualify for it. How was your wife granted a separation? Did she file for a legal separation in the courts and that was granted? If so, she can be legally separated from you until death and the separation agreement would govern.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">