• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Separations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anna2000

This is just a general legal question.

A good friend of mine has recently separated. His wife has drafted a legal letter to him stating the various things she perceives he has done, that have resulted in the breakdown of the marraige.

One of those is that he had an inappropriate relationship with me. My name is mentioned in this legal letter. I have spoken to his wife during the initial break up and she knows we are nothing more than friends. His wife has been getting legal advice and her lawyer has told her that by having this inappropriate relationship mentioned, it will strengthen her case in the event of court action. Obviously there is absolutely no evidence of anything inappropriate between me and the husband, I am merely being used as a fighting tool for the wife.

How do I get my name off of this legal letter? Do I have rights as regards this? Surely she can't just put my name down without any grounds?

I really need some advice because I am considering legal proceedings, this is ridiculous that my name might be dragged through court.

Anna2000

I really have no interest in going down the legal route but I am extremely annoyed that my name is involved, I may aswell have committed adultery, surely there is some law against dropping a random persons name in legal situation. If this goes to court, my name is dropped straight in as being involved, do you think that is easy ignored?

LdiJ

Anna2000 said:
I really have no interest in going down the legal route but I am extremely annoyed that my name is involved, I may aswell have committed adultery, surely there is some law against dropping a random persons name in legal situation. If this goes to court, my name is dropped straight in as being involved, do you think that is easy ignored?
The only people who will know of your "involvement" are the parties to the case....therefore you may be over-reacting a bit to the whole situation. I do understand how you feel however you are also not a "random" person. If you have a close and personal relationship with a married man...you almost have to expect something like this to happen, even if the relationship is innocent....particularly since you don't know what he might have told her. People somes say or allow their spouses to believe really stupid things...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">