• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperated for 2 years and now pregnant in new relationship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MCarterX22

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I am 22 years old and divorced for 2 years now...we are both moved on with our lives and our both in new relationships with other individuals...problem is in my new relationship i am currently 6 months pregnant will this be a problem when i file for my divorce?

TinkerBelleLuvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I am 22 years old and divorced for 2 years now...we are both moved on with our lives and our both in new relationships with other individuals...problem is in my new relationship i am currently 6 months pregnant will this be a problem when i file for my divorce?
In the first 10 words of your post, you say that you are divorced. Then you are asking for a divorce. Slightly confused here. Are you SEPARATED, but NOT divorced?

And generally you cannot get a divorce if you are pregnant.

VeronicaLodge

but we dont know which one was a typo do we :)

anyway, she should probably do things in this order:

1) divorce
2) date
3) remarry
4) get pregnant.

but who am i to judge, its obviously too late for any of that.

Perky

Well, one thing's for sure... Your pregnancy leaves no question that there are grounds for divorce. ;)

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It also means she cannot secure a complete divorce while pregnant and that her ex is the legal father of the child so paternity will have to be disestablished and then established with new baby daddy. And if he doesn't want to, or is not ordered to, establish paternity then hubby will remain the legal father.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">