• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperated and I want to leave state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

loss4words

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? We live in Ky and have been seperated now for 9 months we have 3 children, 2 teenagers and a pre-teen. We have been married for 12 years. I moved here for my husband and my family. My husband was an addict and we moved here to clean him up and keep this family together after several years he was cheating and is now living with her. I don't want my kids there but also want him to still be a part of their lives. I have not been happy here and I want to leave and go back to my home (Fl.). Neither one of us can afford a divorce. So what do I do? Am I stuck here? Can I leave and take my children? I have inquired on legal services for people in my situation and keep hitting a wall. What do I do? Tired of the head games, my husband even claims he doesn't want a divorce enough is enough! Help! :confused:

djohnson

As long as you are still married you both have equal rights to the kids. You can take them, he can take them to another state. Despite money, to protect you and your children, you need court ordered child support and custody order. Jurisdiction falls to kids 'residence'. right now that would be KY. If you file, certain steps will have to be taken before you can leave the state. Right now you can go. Just keep in mind he can come get them and they could go to Mexico and you can't do anything about it without the court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">