• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperated in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

karz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

My question, does NC recognize separation between a husband and wife if both are still living in the same household? Or do both parties need to physically be living in separate households?

Also how does NC law look at a party actively posting themselves on single websites while separated, still living in the same household, and not legally divorced/separated. Could this have a negative impact in divorce court and custody of children?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

My question, does NC recognize separation between a husband and wife if both are still living in the same household? Or do both parties need to physically be living in separate households?

Also how does NC law look at a party actively posting themselves on single websites while separated, still living in the same household, and not legally divorced/separated. Could this have a negative impact in divorce court and custody of children?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Aren't you already divorced? :confused:

mistoffolees

NO, I am not divorced. I just would like some more information on the laws in NC
Google is your friend. Look up 'divorce NC' (without the quotes).

If you have specific questions, feel free to post them. It would take far too long to provide infinite answers to any question you might want to know the answer to.

Golfball

In NC, you must be living separate and apart, which means different addresses. If you are at the same address (but different rooms), NC does not consider you living separate and apart.

As far as the singles website postings go, maybe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">