• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperated so...what about bills?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

123stephany

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana. My ex moved out 4 months ago and has not filed for divorce yet. Is he responsible for half of my utility or mortgage bills even if their in my name only?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

you know, just out of curiosity...is it a different ex in the two if your threads? because either he is gone, or he is there. or you have two ex's.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
two dif men
my ex is staying at my house
my current husband moved out 4 months ago
Then quite frankly YOUR EX should be paying you. Understandable why your hubby won't pay a dime since you have another man living with there. You seem to want EVERYONE supporting you but you. Time to be responsible and support yourself.

123stephany

free legal advise...not opinions please

First of all my current husband cheated on me and left me only part time employed with all the bills and two 10 years olds to care for singly. He is the stepdad. I had to then work full time and then lost my job of 21 years because it closed. I want my ex gone but he wont leave, His stay was suppose to be temp til he got his own place. I dont want him here at my house. He has been here for 3 months now plus I havent gotten child support from him in almost a year. I want to know what I can do legally in both situations. Thank you.

LdiJ

First of all my current husband cheated on me and left me only part time employed with all the bills and two 10 years olds to care for singly. He is the stepdad. I had to then work full time and then lost my job of 21 years because it closed. I want my ex gone but he wont leave, His stay was suppose to be temp til he got his own place. I dont want him here at my house. He has been here for 3 months now plus I havent gotten child support from him in almost a year. I want to know what I can do legally in both situations. Thank you.
Legally, you can attempt to file for temporary spousal support from your current husband. You may or may not get that support.

Legally, you can go through the process of evicting your ex husband.

You can also file for welfare benefits which will juice the state into going after your ex harder for child support.

CourtClerk

First of all my current husband cheated on me and left me only part time employed with all the bills and two 10 years olds to care for singly. He is the stepdad.
If he is the stepdad, then someone else left you with two 10 year olds to care for by yourself. He is not, was not and will never be responsible for taking care of someone else's children. That's YOUR problem and the problem of their father.
I had to then work full time and then lost my job of 21 years because it closed.
With two 10 year old kids, you need another full time job, but you're too busy with a husband and a boyfriend (an an exboyfriend - which ever). You've got your priorities in the wrong place. Stop sleeping with folks and get 2 jobs. You've got WAY too much going on to have these kids in the middle of your life messes.
I want my ex gone but he wont leave, His stay was suppose to be temp til he got his own place. I dont want him here at my house.
You don't want him in your house, but you let him in there. You want your husband to pay for the roof that some other man is sleeping under. Not.
He has been here for 3 months now plus I havent gotten child support from him in almost a year.
Well then you knew you weren't getting support from him when you let him in the house.
I want to know what I can do legally in both situations. Thank you.
File for child support, get a full time job and file for divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">