• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

terrivanilla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been seperated from my husband going on 6 years now. We were married in Illinois. And for the past three years I have lived in Texas. We are still not divorced and we do not communicate. I want to know legally what does this all mean. I cannot afford to pay for a divorce. Please advise.

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I have been seperated from my husband going on 6 years now. We were married in Illinois. And for the past three years I have lived in Texas. We are still not divorced and we do not communicate. I want to know legally what does this all mean. I cannot afford to pay for a divorce. Please advise.

It means...you are still married.

You can file for divorce pro se (without an attorney) fairly easily :)

There's a VERY helpful booklet put together by the Texas Bar Association, right here:

http://tinyurl.com/Texas-pro-se-handbook

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">