• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperation agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sarahk

Texas
My husband and I did a seperation agreement splitting up all our bills, etc. Can we use this when we file for divorce? I want to just file and be done with it since we have already hashed all the important things out. I just want to be sure he still has to follow the seperation agreement when we divorce. Anyone know?

mistoffolees

Texas
My husband and I did a seperation agreement splitting up all our bills, etc. Can we use this when we file for divorce? I want to just file and be done with it since we have already hashed all the important things out. I just want to be sure he still has to follow the seperation agreement when we divorce. Anyone know?
Yes. You can take any negotiated agreement to the judge for approval.

However, either of you is free to change your mind right up until the time the judge signs it, so it ain't over till then.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">