• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperation or alternatives

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snackpack01

What is the name of your state Texas? My husband and I have 2 children and I am pregnant with our 3rd. I know you can not get divorced in Texas while pregnant but would like to know what my current options are. I believe I will receive no financial help from him as soon as I take whatever action I may need to take, including having my health insurance and that of our children canceled.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state Texas? My husband and I have 2 children and I am pregnant with our 3rd. I know you can not get divorced in Texas while pregnant but would like to know what my current options are. I believe I will receive no financial help from him as soon as I take whatever action I may need to take, including having my health insurance and that of our children canceled.
When you file for divorce, he will be forbidden from canceling yours or the children's health insurance. You should also ask the court to order temporary child support for the time while the divorce is still pending. If you are likely to be eligible for alimony (long term marriage, large difference in incomes, etc), you may also be able to get temporary support for yourself.

If there are sufficient assets, the easiest thing is to contact an attorney and ask if he will petition the court to be paid from marital assets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">