• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperation/divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smallfrie_96

What is the name of your state? wi

My husband and i recently seperated due to his cheating ways. He left the home. We own a mobile home that i havent sent the title in yet. Can i send it in now in just my name. It is all payed off and the loan was a land contract. Also, we have 2 large credit cards jointly. they have pretty good balances on them. a friend told me if i keep the mobile home, because of the value, that he might not have to pay half on both cards. he owns a truck that he is still paying on and my car is payed off. we really dont have anything besides credit cards that is in both our names. I dont know what to do. we have to toddler boys that i have to support now and dont know if in the divorce, if im gonna get pentalized for keeping the mobile home cause i need help with the credit cards. any help would be great. he just left, dont even know where to go or what to do from here. thanks!

V

velbing

separation/divorce

WI is a community property state. EVERYTHING, regardless of who's name is on the title belongs equally to both of you. All debts and all assets will be split right down the middle. However, if you petition for and get primary placement, usually the judge will let you keep the family home. Usually, but not always. I am going through a similar situation. Email me if you want to chat. I've found all sorts of internet resources. [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">