• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation & Divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lalori44

What is the name of your state?RI
My husband & I have been married for 10 years...we are going to get a divorce...but neither of us has the money for a lawyer...we have come to some sort of agreement..however he is waiting for our restaurant to sell before we get divorced so we will have the money for the divorce & he can give me my share of the property... I want to get out of the house now with my son...will I get child support for my 7 year old boy...while we are seperated....

LdiJ

lalori44 said:
What is the name of your state?RI
My husband & I have been married for 10 years...we are going to get a divorce...but neither of us has the money for a lawyer...we have come to some sort of agreement..however he is waiting for our restaurant to sell before we get divorced so we will have the money for the divorce & he can give me my share of the property... I want to get out of the house now with my son...will I get child support for my 7 year old boy...while we are seperated....
You won't get child support unless you file for it (or unless your husband agrees to pay it). However, your local CS agency can handle that for you if you can't come to an agreement.

Its really not wise for either of you to handle this without an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">