• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

seperation law in the state of washington

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cathyj331

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? washington state
I asked this question earlier but there was some confusion as to where I live. I received an answer for the state of VA. I have been seperated for 11 years. I recently moved back in for a period of about 6 weeks for health reasons. He also pays some of my bills and we file a joint income tax return. When filing for divorce to I have to go back 11 years to split our belongings or can I go from july '09 when I lived there last?

mistoffolees

Then the question becomes: did you have a legal separation in place or did you simply move out? If you had a legal separation, then whatever you agreed to at that time matters (simply moving in with someone for a couple of months doesn't change that). If you didn't have a legal separation, then the advice you got is still relevant (Washington is a community property state, but the court still has the ability to divide assets unequally).

And please keep all of your questions in one thread.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">