• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation Laws-Georgia? Where do I start??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babygirlsoblue

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hello,

I was doing so research on-line about separations in Georgia. Looks like Georgia does not grant "Legal Separations"? I don't know what options are out there for this state. I don't even know how to go about searching for an attorney. In my mind I would try to persue the "fault" way since my daughter and I have basically been abandoned.

I like most of you have found myself in a very bad situation. My husband and I have been together for 10 years, 4 of which we were married. We met in college, fell in love. He was one of the good ones! We had some much fun together over the years. We went through alot together. We have a 1 year old daughter together. This past January, he told me out of the blue, he wanted to be separated. Our house was in foreclosure at that time, and I found a new home for us. When I asked when did he want to move, he brought the seperation up. Our daughter was only 8 months old.

We moved to the new place, he stayed one night and left. He was staying at the house. BTW, the utilities had been shut off and it was mi-winter. So my daughter and I are staying in this strange new place. He doesn't seem to care. He turned cold. I don't even knoe him anymore. Anyway, found out he had been cheating on me for a year and a half. So he was cheating before I got pregnant, during and after I had the baby. He works 2 jobs, one of them at night. He was using his night job to see the other woman. He was using my car to go see her!!

He started accusing me of things. Things that were not true. It's like he lost his mind. I asked him if it was over, he said yes. Three weeks later, I found "her" mail in the trunk of "my" car with a blockbuster receipt. His name is on the receipt. Looked up address for blockbuster and from the mail. They were both in the same neighborhood!

Fastforward to back and forth between us. I still love him. I thought we could work it out. I didn't want to just quite. The house was forclosed and he's been staying with different people. He stops by after work to check on us, but since his cell phone payments are behind, I can never get a hold of him after 5:30pm. I feel like my daughter and I are on an island. If there is an emergency, we can't reach him. He doesn't make much of an effort to contact us. We are on our own for the most part. I got into his email and saw all the emails they shared. It made me sick to my stomach. I told him to leave us alone after that and he wouldn't.

Lately things were getting better. He was spending more time with us. He was buying some baby things. He would find a way to finally call us. We had fun, the 3 of us going out. I thought there might be hope. But he was still distant. Then, last night I found out he was still seeimg that other woman. Sometimes staying with her. I've tried my very best to reach him the last 4 months but he likes this control he has over me now and I have to stop this. My daughter doesn't deserve this, neither do I. I feel like he's just tossed us to the side. I truely was blindsided by this. Looking back, there were little signs but nothing to make me think this would happen...and so fast too!

acmb05

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Hello,

I was doing so research on-line about separations in Georgia. Looks like Georgia does not grant "Legal Separations"? I don't know what options are out there for this state. I don't even know how to go about searching for an attorney. In my mind I would try to persue the "fault" way since my daughter and I have basically been abandoned.
Click on the "find a lawyer tab" above

I like most of you have found myself in a very bad situation. My husband and I have been together for 10 years, 4 of which we were married. We met in college, fell in love. He was one of the good ones! We had some much fun together over the years. We went through alot together. We have a 1 year old daughter together. This past January, he told me out of the blue, he wanted to be separated. Our house was in foreclosure at that time, and I found a new home for us. When I asked when did he want to move, he brought the seperation up. Our daughter was only 8 months old.

We moved to the new place, he stayed one night and left. He was staying at the house. BTW, the utilities had been shut off and it was mi-winter. So my daughter and I are staying in this strange new place. He doesn't seem to care. He turned cold. I don't even knoe him anymore. Anyway, found out he had been cheating on me for a year and a half. So he was cheating before I got pregnant, during and after I had the baby. He works 2 jobs, one of them at night. He was using his night job to see the other woman. He was using my car to go see her!!

He started accusing me of things. Things that were not true. It's like he lost his mind. I asked him if it was over, he said yes. Three weeks later, I found "her" mail in the trunk of "my" car with a blockbuster receipt. His name is on the receipt. Looked up address for blockbuster and from the mail. They were both in the same neighborhood!

Fastforward to back and forth between us. I still love him. I thought we could work it out. I didn't want to just quite. The house was forclosed and he's been staying with different people. He stops by after work to check on us, but since his cell phone payments are behind, I can never get a hold of him after 5:30pm. I feel like my daughter and I are on an island. If there is an emergency, we can't reach him. He doesn't make much of an effort to contact us. We are on our own for the most part. I got into his email and saw all the emails they shared. It made me sick to my stomach. I told him to leave us alone after that and he wouldn't.

Lately things were getting better. He was spending more time with us. He was buying some baby things. He would find a way to finally call us. We had fun, the 3 of us going out. I thought there might be hope. But he was still distant. Then, last night I found out he was still seeimg that other woman. Sometimes staying with her. I've tried my very best to reach him the last 4 months but he likes this control he has over me now and I have to stop this. My daughter doesn't deserve this, neither do I. I feel like he's just tossed us to the side. I truely was blindsided by this. Looking back, there were little signs but nothing to make me think this would happen...and so fast too!
www.Oprah.com

Rocketcitymom

In the state of Georgia...

you do not have to apply to the courts to be granted a legal seperation. If you are no longer residing together that is recognized as a LEGAL SEPERATION....My divorce was finalized in Georgia and when it was initiated by me with an attorney my divorce papers stated that ex and I had been legally seperated since (date my children and I moved out of our family home.)
As for the rest of your issues...he has made his decision to be with another woman,( and even if he came back to you, do you honestly believe that this wont happen agian?) have enough love for yourself and your child to find the strength to pick up and move on with your life. Find a lawyer, file for the divorce, custody of child and start rebuilding your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">