• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seperation Specifics

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jimmy1134

What is the name of your state? California

Married in 1982, owned one home prior to marriage, but when refinanced added her name to the deed. Bought second home in 1992 and third home in 1994. We also own an income bearing restaurant, that she runs. I have been retired for 5 years. She left me in 1994 and moved into the last home we bought in 1994. I am in the home I have been in for the last 30 years.

She now has a boyfriend and wants to get an official divorce, 10 years later. Is she entitled to 50% of what the property is worth now or what is was worth when she walked out. By the way I have paid 2nd & 3rd houses off...free and clear since 1999.
What is she entitled to?? She is now and for the last 5 years been the bread winner, I have lived off of the rental from the 2nd house. What about alimony, for me, if she keeps the restaurant?? :confused:

LdiJ

Jimmy1134 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Married in 1982, owned one home prior to marriage, but when refinanced added her name to the deed. Bought second home in 1992 and third home in 1994. We also own an income bearing restaurant, that she runs. I have been retired for 5 years. She left me in 1994 and moved into the last home we bought in 1994. I am in the home I have been in for the last 30 years.

She now has a boyfriend and wants to get an official divorce, 10 years later. Is she entitled to 50% of what the property is worth now or what is was worth when she walked out. By the way I have paid 2nd & 3rd houses off...free and clear since 1999.
What is she entitled to?? She is now and for the last 5 years been the bread winner, I have lived off of the rental from the 2nd house. What about alimony, for me, if she keeps the restaurant?? :confused:
This is one that needs an attorney....NOT advice from an internet board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">