• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Served Papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justasoldier

I live in Georgia,

Just got served papers and was booted from the house until the court date (14 April). Seeking an attorney at this very moment.
Reason for her wanting the divorce is filed as cruel treatment.
Basically due to her irresponsibility of finances, I have regained control of all monies and accounts of which I contribute 100% to for supporting the house (mortgage), all utilities, food, clothes and daily needs such as gas for vehicles.
In served papers, she claims marriage is irretrievably broken and there is no reasonable hope for reconciliation.
I will refuse as the defendent to agree to a divorce.
Older son not mine, younger one is.
She wants child support and alimony based on the papers served to me.
I have supported my family to include her older son 100% and have allowed her to run the household how she sees fit.
Will the court find justifiable reason for granting her a divorce? What can I do to prepare to win the court's decision?
Thank you.

LdiJ

I live in Georgia,

Just got served papers and was booted from the house until the court date (14 April). Seeking an attorney at this very moment.
Reason for her wanting the divorce is filed as cruel treatment.
Basically due to her irresponsibility of finances, I have regained control of all monies and accounts of which I contribute 100% to for supporting the house (mortgage), all utilities, food, clothes and daily needs such as gas for vehicles.
In served papers, she claims marriage is irretrievably broken and there is no reasonable hope for reconciliation.
I will refuse as the defendent to agree to a divorce.
Older son not mine, younger one is.
She wants child support and alimony based on the papers served to me.
I have supported my family to include her older son 100% and have allowed her to run the household how she sees fit.
Will the court find justifiable reason for granting her a divorce? What can I do to prepare to win the court's decision?
Thank you.
If she wants a divorce she is going to get a divorce. There is nothing you can do to stop that. You can delay it, you can make it more expensive for both of you, but you cannot prevent it from happening.

Justasoldier

If she wants a divorce she is going to get a divorce. There is nothing you can do to stop that. You can delay it, you can make it more expensive for both of you, but you cannot prevent it from happening.
Thank you. I guess I need to move quickly to get things in order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">