• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Serving the Judgment - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mr2fyre

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I finally have the judgment in my hand, and now i am left to finish the divorce by serving the judgment to my spouse.

i can't find any documentation for how to do this or a Proof of Service form to fill out and file. For that matter only half of the instructions out there even state that serving the judgment on your spouse is necessary.

So first question is, "is it necessary to serve the judgment on your spouse?"

Section question is, "what is the proper proof of service form to use?"

I have filled out the FL-190 and the court has mailed the judgment to my spouse, so she already had a copy.

Any information would help.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I finally have the judgment in my hand, and now i am left to finish the divorce by serving the judgment to my spouse.

i can't find any documentation for how to do this or a Proof of Service form to fill out and file. For that matter only half of the instructions out there even state that serving the judgment on your spouse is necessary.

So first question is, "is it necessary to serve the judgment on your spouse?"

Section question is, "what is the proper proof of service form to use?"

I have filled out the FL-190 and the court has mailed the judgment to my spouse, so she already had a copy.

Any information would help.
I don't believe that you need to serve her, because the court has already done so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">