• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Set aside?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natit

What is the name of your state? Georgia
It has been brought to my attention that my husband lured me into sighning a divorce that gives me no protection or rights. He said "we will do it like this on paper, but really I will do this and this...". Now he is already not doing things he said he would do and doing other things that I can't stop. Mostly dealing with our daughter. He is the one who hired and paid for an attorney, and had me listed as the defendant.
I called and found out that the case has not been filed yet,"not for another week or so". He is in the military and is overseas right now.
Can I file a stop order or have the case set aside, so that I can get my own attorney and have it re-written from scratch or just get it modified to give me some ights?
I have already talked to my husband about my wishes and he says he will not cooperate in any form and will not stop or sign anything.
What are my options to quickly stop these preceedings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">