• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

settlement of the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Roxanne G

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I want my spouse to keep the house, but he can not afford to buy me out right now. I would like some suggestions of agreements I could make that would protect me both now and in the future.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I want my spouse to keep the house, but he can not afford to buy me out right now. I would like some suggestions of agreements I could make that would protect me both now and in the future.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
In all reality, the house probably should be sold. If he can't afford to buy you out, then he probably can't afford to pay the mortgage either, and therefore you put yourself at risk of having your credit totalled in a foreclosure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">