• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Settlement Stipulation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdoggedit

What is the name of your state? MA.

My wife has a clause in our papers that states I cannot remarry until I have paid her the balance of our settlement amount which she has agreed to let me pay in installments (30k over 4 years). She is an attorney and claims this is a "standard clause". Others I have talked to have said this is not true. Any help is much appreciated !

Thanks !!

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? MA.

My wife has a clause in our papers that states I cannot remarry until I have paid her the balance of our settlement amount which she has agreed to let me pay in installments (30k over 4 years). She is an attorney and claims this is a "standard clause". Others I have talked to have said this is not true. Any help is much appreciated !

Thanks !!
Hand her back the papers and laugh in her face. She is an idiot attorney if she thinks this will pass judicial review.

You Are Guilty

Better yet, after you cross it out, write on top of it:

"[Ex] hereby agrees that upon the remarrage of [you], [ex] will willingly participate in three-way sexual congress with [you] and [newwife], and consents to the filming of said act and distrubation of same on YouTube."

Tell her it's "standard language" that she should have learned in law school.

BelizeBreeze

Better yet, after you cross it out, write on top of it:

"[Ex] hereby agrees that upon the remarrage of [you], [ex] will willingly participate in three-way sexual congress with [you] and [newwife], and consents to the filming of said act and distrubation of same on YouTube."

Tell her it's "standard language" that she should have learned in law school.
and once she signs it give her a gift of knee pads....she'll be playing the submissive

jdoggedit

Okay..so now what should I do?

Luckily no one is bitter ;) so now that I know this is BS do you have any kind of legal speak I can use against her ? Someone said something about personal liberties or something like that ??

Like I said she is a lawyer.. I am not, nor can I afford one or want to go down the road of a legal battle...

Thanks again!

seniorjudge

Luckily no one is bitter ;) so now that I know this is BS do you have any kind of legal speak I can use against her ? Someone said something about personal liberties or something like that ??

Like I said she is a lawyer.. I am not, nor can I afford one or want to go down the road of a legal battle...

Thanks again!
Legal speak?

Yeah, say, "That's crap!"

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm curious now.

What type of law does this idiot practice?
If he says family law ... good grief.

OP tell her to go back to school and start to read Loving v. Virginia.

And where did she get her law degree from? A box of Frosted Flakes?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">