• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sex during divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marianbu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I am in the middle of a divorce and I had sex with my husband. Can this stop the divorce from finalizing?

Last edited:

SIN EATER

OK, I won't make a bad joke about how you're expected to be screwing each other ...

No, having sex won't stop the divorce, but reconciliation will (if you move in together, how could the court separate assets and order child support when you jointly provide).

Maybe you want to rethink divorce.
Possibly marriage counseling will save your marriage ?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OK, I won't make a bad joke about how you're expected to be screwing each other ...

No, having sex won't stop the divorce, but reconciliation will (if you move in together, how could the court separate assets and order child support when you jointly provide).

Maybe you want to rethink divorce.
Possibly marriage counseling will save your marriage ?
Actually it could. IF they are requesting a divorce based on living separate and apart from bed and board because the time starts OVER since they decided to have one for the road. Maybe stop is NOT the best word but it definitely could delay it. And if the sex causes her to become pregnant, that will put a stall in proceedings as well.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I am in the middle of a divorce and I had sex with my husband. Can this stop the divorce from finalizing?
**A: maybe, but the new Texas sex during divorce law statute 2009-69 requires a 90 day extension of the final adjudication for each act.
In other words, if you keep at it, your divorce will never be finalized.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
**A: maybe, but the new Texas sex during divorce law statute 2009-69 requires a 90 day extension of the final adjudication for each act.
Oh man. Good thing I was NOT drinking anything when I read this. I agree with your interpretation of that law HG. Now everyone go read this law for yourself. :D:cool:

cyjeff

Oh dear God.

Does the court require video or are photos enough?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">