• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared email

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flash2go

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I changed the password for the email account we both shared because I am going through a custody-battle and divorce. She placed a no-contact-injunction against me. She is pressing charges for violation of injunction stating that I broke into her email account and am stalking on her. Can I submit emails meant for her from the shared email account as evidence that she made boo-boos and is in contempt?

Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I changed the password for the email account we both shared because I am going through a custody-battle and divorce. She placed a no-contact-injunction against me. She is pressing charges for violation of injunction stating that I broke into her email account and am stalking on her. Can I submit emails meant for her from the shared email account as evidence that she made boo-boos and is in contempt?

Thanks!
So she is stating that you are using HER email account and YOU want to submit HER emails from that account which will prove that SHE is telling the truth. And proving her in contempt means nothing.

mistoffolees

So she is stating that you are using HER email account and YOU want to submit HER emails from that account which will prove that SHE is telling the truth. And proving her in contempt means nothing.
That's not the way I read it. From the way it's written, there is HER email account and a JOINT account. He wants to use info from the joint account - which he has access to by definition.

However, he should not have changed the password on a joint account. Rather, he should have set up his own email account and left the joint account alone, IMHO.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">