• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sharmoota0909...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm sorry you closed your thread before I had a chance to reply, as I asked the questions I did for a reason.

Your resigning your job will be considered voluntary un/der-employment when it comes to calculating child support. So yes, you will be assessed based on your income in that job. "Assuming" that you did not adopt the children that are hers, you will only be responsible for supporting the child you share.

I hope you give serious thought to your plan to walk away without even minimum visitation with your child. For several reasons. Your child will then be raised the same way as your step-kids, and the only one you will realistically be able to blame for how s/he turns out will be yourself - because that will have been the fate you have chosen for your child. You will regret having a child you don't know - and will never escape the knowledge that you abandoned him/her. If/when you choose to try and get back into his/her life? You can expect to be met with hostility. And rightfully so, if I am honest. PLEASE reconsider this and opt to fight for your child.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm sorry you closed your thread before I had a chance to reply, as I asked the questions I did for a reason.

Your resigning your job will be considered voluntary un/der-employment when it comes to calculating child support. So yes, you will be assessed based on your income in that job. "Assuming" that you did not adopt the children that are hers, you will only be responsible for supporting the child you share.

I hope you give serious thought to your plan to walk away without even minimum visitation with your child. For several reasons. Your child will then be raised the same way as your step-kids, and the only one you will realistically be able to blame for how s/he turns out will be yourself - because that will have been the fate you have chosen for your child. You will regret having a child you don't know - and will never escape the knowledge that you abandoned him/her. If/when you choose to try and get back into his/her life? You can expect to be met with hostility. And rightfully so, if I am honest. PLEASE reconsider this and opt to fight for your child. The guys at the mensdivorce forums can help you with strategy, while we can help with the law.
Just to give you an idea of this poster's frame of mind - I reported the post where he told OG to get back in the (bleep) kitchen. That's what caused the thread to be locked and the poster to be banned.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Just to give you an idea of this poster's frame of mind - I reported the post where he told OG to get back in the (bleep) kitchen. That's what caused the thread to be locked and the poster to be banned.
Aaaah, I see.

quincy

I'm sorry you closed your thread before I had a chance to reply, as I asked the questions I did for a reason ...
When you see that a thread has been locked, it will be the rare thread that has been locked by choice of the original poster. The moderator generally will have reviewed the thread and locked it for good reason.

There were several threads created last night that required editing and locking due to vulgar language and other clear violations of the terms of service of this site. One original poster named GD1986 (I assume he is now a banned member) actually leveled death threats against a forum member.

Last edited:

eerelations

There were several threads created last night that required locking due to vulgar language and other clear violations of the terms of service of this site. One original poster (I assume now a banned member) actually leveled death threats against a forum member.
Whew! Was it a full moon last night?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
When you see that a thread has been locked, it will be the rare thread that has been locked by choice of the original poster. The moderator generally will have reviewed the thread and locked it for good reason.

There were several threads created last night that required editing and locking due to vulgar language and other clear violations of the terms of service of this site. One original poster named GD1986 (I assume he is now a banned member) actually leveled death threats against a forum member.
I miss all the fun.

quincy

It was an interesting night, providing as it did a bit of an insight into the minds of the intellectually impaired. :)

Proserpina

How ... lovely!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I was told to get back in the kitchen? I missed that being at court and all. Good grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">