• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She A No Show

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mukiman

CALIFORNIA: I just had my ex-wife served with papers to return to court to have her alimony terminated. She ran from the person trying to serve her (in her front yard) . She has been avoiding service for weeks. Because of this we have already continued the case twice. The person serving her threw the papers at her as she ran and announced she WAS SERVED. I know when we go to court she will not show and say she did not receive them. In Claifornia what happens if she does not show? Does the judge just continue it? Does she lose by default? Will the judge force her to appear? The person that served her filled out a signed a sworn document stating she was served. Anyone have an answer for me?

BelizeBreeze

"Threw them at her"?

I hope to GOD you are not paying this idiot. OR relying on the sworn statement which could get you AND the process server in deep S***.

Now for some facts. What does your alimony order specifically state as to termination or how long it will be in effect?

mukiman

Belize, We were actually insructed by a reputable process serving agency that if she runs just drop the papers and tell her she is served. There would be no chance of her actually ever accepting them willingly. If this is incorrect then tell me how one is to serve someone who not only avoids being served but literally runs from it.
As for the court order regarding alimony. It was left open to the jurisidction of the court. Her lawyer fought hard for that. We were married 16 years. When we divorced my ex-wife was 38, and has worked full time since we split. Our kids are both of age and working and she even bought a large home 2 years based solely on her income and credit. I'm hoping that now that it has been half the length of the marriage a fair judge will at the very least establish an end date. Your thoughts?

mukiman

California: I have noticed that everytime I post a question on this web site I always get critisized for my spelling errors or slammed for making a bad decsion regarding my case but, NEVER do I get any answers to the questions I asked in the first place. Whats up with that? I noticed the same pattern with many of the other questions asked by others as well. Plus it seems like most of the critcal comments are coming from one or two main senior members. Isn't there anyone out there with some consructive help? If I needed a spelling teacher I would be posting on a different site. Respectfully, Mukiman

LdiJ

mukiman said:
California: I have noticed that everytime I post a question on this web site I always get critisized for my spelling errors or slammed for making a bad decsion regarding my case but, NEVER do I get any answers to the questions I asked in the first place. Whats up with that? I noticed the same pattern with many of the other questions asked by others as well. Plus it seems like most of the critcal comments are coming from one or two main senior members. Isn't there anyone out there with some consructive help? If I needed a spelling teacher I would be posting on a different site. Respectfully, Mukiman
I wish I had some constructive advice to offer you. The issue of "service" is very specific to your locality. I think that you need to be guided by your attorney on this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">