• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She wants to move out??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tsjens52

North Dakota. My wife told me she wants to move out and into her own apartment(we are still married). She is not working right now and has no income at all. I can't afford to pay the bills for the house and for all of her expenses (rent, utilities, gas, let alone spending money, etc.) and I'm wondering what I am legally obligated to pay for. I feel a serious financial crunch coming and I don't want to default on payments, but she has been spending heavily for several months and I feel she will clean us out of all money if I don't put a stop to it at some point, but I don't want to break any laws or hurt myself down the road. What do I do??

HomeGuru

North Dakota. My wife told me she wants to move out and into her own apartment(we are still married). She is not working right now and has no income at all. I can't afford to pay the bills for the house and for all of her expenses (rent, utilities, gas, let alone spending money, etc.) and I'm wondering what I am legally obligated to pay for. I feel a serious financial crunch coming and I don't want to default on payments, but she has been spending heavily for several months and I feel she will clean us out of all money if I don't put a stop to it at some point, but I don't want to break any laws or hurt myself down the road. What do I do??
**A: see a family law attorney right away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">