• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

She won't remove her property from the house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

Long story short we are restrained from contact. I took out a restraining order against her last Jan and 10 days later i get one in return.

we are not divorced yet, that trial is January 23

She keeps claiming I won't let her have her Property ( furniture ,kitchen and a giant truckload of stuff) she took her medicine, clothing and personal papers during the allowed 30 minutes when she initialy left.

Attorneys arranged a weekend for Oct. 3&4th and no call no show. This last Monday the Judge ordered her to pick up between 10-4 today. After having hired a helper to standby for 2 hours I got tired of the no show no call again and asked the deputy to get ahold of her and find out.
Once again she is not doing it. This time the Judge ordered it. What could the consequences be. ??? I want her stuff moved. It is clobbering up the entire kitchen/dining room and half of the living room and the hallway with furniture and boxes upon boxes. She stated in the hearing last Monday that she wanted to come over this Monday while I was away at work to pick it up. The Judge refused that and ordered it for today
I am tired of all of the stress of getting it all ready and waiting around and having others here for no good reason. I was up at 5 this morning just from anxiety over this.:(

Last edited:

mistoffolees

If that's getting you all stressed out, you need to learn to relax. In the grand scheme of things, that's pretty trivial.

Pack it carefully, put it in the garage, and when she gets around to picking it up, she can get it.

Then, the next time you're in front of the judge, tell him/her that you're willing to stick around for one more scheduled pickup and if she doesn't show up, you'd like the court's permission to give it to Salvation Army.

Bali Hai

the garage isn't big enough
Damn it!! This woman has done everything for you (just like EVERY OTHER married woman)!!

The least you can do is to put an addition on the garage to make more space for her while she is busy trying to convince the court that you should pay her alimony!!!

LdiJ

the garage isn't big enough
A friend of mine in a similar situation moved all of his ex's belongings into a self storage unit, paid one month's rent on it, and then sent her the location and the key.

Of course that would cost you some money and time, but it would get the stuff gone.

I guess the stress comes from all of this stuff symbolizing her not just letting it be over********************************************************...this whole divorce has been like this. She obviously is hanging on to the end like that last tick I pulled out of my dog!!!!:eek:

Bali Hai

I guess the stress comes from all of this stuff symbolizing her not just letting it be over********************************************************...this whole divorce has been like this. She obviously is hanging on to the end like that last tick I pulled out of my dog!!!!:eek:
You ain't seen nothing yet Bro....take a real good look at that tick under a microscope, that tick has the equipment to drill into your body and suck the life blood right out of you.

Keep us posted. And good luck.

P.S. I recommend that you inspect your body frequently for ticks.

bean661

if the judge is ordering her to get her stuff out and she doesn't show up: wouldn't that be contempt? Ask your attorney to file contempt.

Would any of the following be acceptable or at least not get the poster into trouble with the courts.

Ask for the wifes address, Contact a moving company and have them deliver to her address. Of course this costs money, just take it from marital assets. That way you don't have to lift a finger.

I also like the other posters idea to rent a storage locker if funds are tight.

It gets better!!!

Okay . One week ago the judge asks her in court when her people were ready, when the truck was ready that she said she had available**************she said "now". The judge says okay your people come over and get your stuff this Sunday between 10-4.

That was the judgement. The rest was over support that she didn't get and a division of mortgage payments, everything in clear english and about 3 sentences.

since the hearing was Monday , I called my attorney on Wednesday to see if there was any change****************************.no change. Everyone is gone till today due to holiday.

My attorney sent a letter via fax on Wednesday to her attorney that he was gone until today.

some time over the weekend there was a letter slipped under the door at my attorneys office dated Friday. Roughly it said: " We think it is best for your client (meaning me) to hire some professional movers and we can arrange for a day some time in the future"

:eek: Was the guy asleep in court?? Since he called for the support hearing. he was to write the judgement regarding everything. It was read to me by my attorneys secretary, as it also was stuffed under the door over the weekend as well. It is totaly botched~!

This other attorney has hand delivered the Uniform Support Affidavit and other required documents from her to us, 15 minutes before the first hearing, slid the last one under the door the morning of last weeks hearing and now this cr** this last weekend!!!!:mad:
i think this tactic is called "Marooning"???

I understand now my attorney has to order up the audio file from the hearing and get it hand typed by some independent to settle any dispute over this matter. This whole case has gone like this. More expense, more expense, more expense!!
I have contacted the Barr months ago over reporting ethics.. believe me , when this settles down and I am divorced that is exactly what I am doing!!!:);)

Last edited:

Bali Hai

Okay . One week ago the judge asks her in court when her people were ready, when the truck was ready that she said she had available**************she said "now". The judge says okay your people come over and get your stuff this Sunday between 10-4.

That was the judgement. The rest was over support that she didn't get and a division of mortgage payments, everything in clear english and about 3 sentences.

since the hearing was Monday , I called my attorney on Wednesday to see if there was any change****************************.no change. Everyone is gone till today due to holiday.

My attorney sent a letter via fax on Wednesday to her attorney that he was gone until today.

some time over the weekend there was a letter slipped under the door at my attorneys office dated Friday. Roughly it said: " We think it is best for your client (meaning me) to hire some professional movers and we can arrange for a day some time in the future"

:eek: Was the guy asleep in court?? Since he called for the support hearing. he was to write the judgement regarding everything. It was read to me by my attorneys secretary, as it also was stuffed under the door over the weekend as well. It is totaly botched~!

This other attorney has hand delivered the Uniform Support Affidavit and other required documents from her to us, 15 minutes before the first hearing, slid the last one under the door the morning of last weeks hearing and now this cr** this last weekend!!!!:mad:

I understand now my attorney has to order up the audio file from the hearing and get it hand typed by some independent to settle any dispute over this matter. This whole case has gone like this. More expense, more expense, more expense!!
I have contacted the Barr months ago over reporting ethics.. believe me , when this settles down and I am divorced that is exactly what I am doing!!!:);)
That won't do you any good especially when the case is over.

The treatment you're getting by her attorney, your attorney AND the judge is EXPECTED for men. When you contact the Bar, they'll just laugh at you behind your back.

mistoffolees

If it really was messed up, then you can ask the court to have stbx reimburse you for wasted time due to their negligence. However, it's likely to cost you more than it's worth - and there's no guarantee you'll get it, anyway.

If the errors are major, then go ahead and report it to the Bar. But if it's simply a matter of spin, you're not going to get anywhere.

right you are. It is almost a waste of time. They told me to get through my divorce and collect the facts and the most they would do would be to file the report and send a letter to said attorney. Chances are he collects them~!

Bali Hai

right you are. It is almost a waste of time. They told me to get through my divorce and collect the facts and the most they would do would be to file the report and send a letter to said attorney. Chances are he collects them~!
LOL!!:D Anytime you're ready to join the pissed off, screwed by the court, ex-husbands club at the city dump, there is still some room for you. Although you better act fast!!! The judges are trying to say that's marital property!!

Judges Chambers

After the proposed partial judgement was written up by her attorney (it was their hearing they called over support) the judgement is full of mixed up information asnd doesn;t follow what the judge said. My attorney said that if he won't write it correctly, he will call a meeting in the judges chambers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">