• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I proceed without a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mzbarajas

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have been married for almost four years now. I decided to move to Texas from California after my husband was arrested and convicted of a serious crime. I have tried to obtain help Legal Aid, but they were unable to assist me for unknown reasons. There is really no way I could afford an attorney to represent me in court, so I am going to be filing on my own. I do have three kids from this marriage. I know that my husband will not be able to attend court since he is incarcerated and will be for several years. Is there anything I should know or be aware of before I proceed with the divorce? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Yes. read the state statutes, local rules of court, rules of civil procedure, and rules of evidence (though evidence will be the least important). Then follow them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">