• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signatures of both parties needed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barbar

What is the name of your state? CA

I know ordinarily in CA and elsewhere in the US the signature of both husband and wife is necessary for divorce. Is there ANY way around this? I've heard of the old "Mexican Divorce" routine but doubt that it actually works as a loophole. A friend of mine is locked in a marriage situation he can't get out of, so I'm doing so research on his behalf.

Thanks

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

I know ordinarily in CA and elsewhere in the US the signature of both husband and wife is necessary for divorce. Is there ANY way around this? I've heard of the old "Mexican Divorce" routine but doubt that it actually works as a loophole. A friend of mine is locked in a marriage situation he can't get out of, so I'm doing so research on his behalf.

Thanks
WRONG! The signature of a JUDGE is needed to divorce people

LdiJ

Thanks
Its a contested divorce if they don't come to agreements and both sign off on the divorce.
He however, can still get divorced.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">