• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed papers but didn't release lawyers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Ken Lynn

What is the name of your state? Washington state
We filed for a divorce without lawyers, but she hired one after 60 days and filed a restraining order. I had to obtain a lawyer to defend myself, but ran out of money. We came to a mutual agreement between the two of us, and I asked her if I could just continue where I left off and file the final papers and she agreed. I got a date to submit the papers to the court, and she signed the final papers, but when I submitted them to the judge, he said we had to release our lawyers, to which I did, and she said she was going to do. I have been waiting for her lawyers release, but now she has decided to keep him on the case but he won't return my phone calls, and we are at a stand still again. Doesn't her signature mean anything in the eyes of the law? How can I get her lawyer to respond to me so I can move on with this case? I'm trying to prevent from having to hire another lawyer because I'm out of money. She purposely is dragging this out as long as she can now, isn't there any recourse to this?

Kenny

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">