• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signing the final document

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wanting more

I live in New Mexico, I went through a final divorce agreement negotiations the other day. It went so fast that at the end of it I felt confused, but my lawyer said that I got a good deal. That that was about the best I would get. So I agreed. We did not go through court, although we still have a court date set.
Now a few days later I feel as if I got the short end of the stick and he got most of what he wanted and I only got a portion of what I should be entitled to. The final papers have not been signed yet and I am considering asking for renegotiations. My laywer says the only way that can be done is if we go to court. Is that true? I don't feel like she's always on my side. Thanks.

gphjr

Wanting more

Well then I have to go back to court and let the judge decide what your entitled to. If your not happy send the money to get what you want.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">